The British Tamils Forum as apolitical grassroots organisation engage with all political parties in the UK through party support groups as well as directly with the political party leadership on policies affecting the Tamil Community in the UK.
UK’s main political parties are as follows (click on the party logo for further information):
Our activists are also involved with political parties at constituencies across the UK and we have achieved a tremendous progress within last 5 years. Our BTF Constituency branches have been actively engaging with political decision makers across the UK through campaigns such as ‘International Independent Investigation into war crimes and crimes against humanity’, ‘Reject Sri Lanka’s cross border attack on democracy’ and ‘Are they Alive’.
We call on the Tamil Community in the UK to be engaged in politics locally as well nationally though political parties and communities solidarity groups.
Register to vote in the UK – Use this service to apply to register to vote or to:
- update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
- change your voting preferences, eg to vote in person or by post
- change whether you’re on the open register
It usually takes about 5 minutes.
You may need the following, if you have them:
- your National Insurance number
- your passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad
- You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.
Please follow the link below for more details: